The chance for a shower to cool you off today is 10%.
RADAR AS OF 2:45pm:
FIRST ALERT MAGIC CITY WEEKEND STORMS: The storm chance continues to climb for Saturday which could easily impact any one of the number of outdoor events going on. Even events that start in the morning, like Do Dah Day, could see some wet weather. The chance for showers and storms during the mid-to late morning hours is now up to 40%. The chance climbs to 50-60% during the afternoon hours which means scattered in natures. At night the chance climbs to 70% which is numerous in nature.
I would just have raingear with you and a plan in place to find shelter in case you get an alert on your phone saying that rain has been detected near your location or that lightning is nearby. Remember, you can get these sorts of alerts through the WBRC First Alert Weather App. Pay attention to the sky, if you see growing and darkening clouds, I would check the radar to see if something is forming nearby.
The most organized round of rain and storms arrives during Saturday night and through the pre-dawn hours on Sunday. That's when our chance spikes to 80%.
We will probably see more of a lull late morning and through the early afternoon hours on Sunday which will give you time to get outside and get some things done. Now if you have a graduation to attend after 4pm, you might run into some issues because that's when rain chances will start climbing again.
Severe weather threat looks low this weekend. Storms will be disruptive for travelers and those outside. Locally heavy rainfall and frequent lightning will be the main threats.
Total rainfall amounts could easily approach 3 inches by late Sunday. Localized flooding can't be ruled out.
I'll fill you in more on the rain chances this weekend on WBRC Fox 6 News at 4PM,
Jill Gilardi WBRC First Alert Certified Meteorologist