While the cold weather continues to hang on here in Alabama, some of the hottest weather in the nation is happening just a little over 400 miles west of here. Some areas have skipped over the spring season and kicked off summer. The above graphic shows national temperature contours at 6 p.m.
Check out these afternoon temperature reports for parts of Texas:
- 03/18/2014-23Z 91.4 F at Laredo Intl TX (LRD)
- 03/18/2014-22Z 91.4 F at Laredo Intl TX (LRD)
- 03/18/2014-21Z 91.4 F at Laredo Intl TX (LRD)
- 03/18/2014-20Z 89.6 F at Laredo Intl TX (LRD)
- 03/18/2014-19Z 87.8 F at San Angelo TX (SJT)
- 03/18/2014-18Z 84.9 F at San Angelo TX (SJT)
- 03/18/2014-17Z 79.0 F at San Angelo TX (SJT)
Our warmest day within the next seven will be on Friday with highs in the middle 70s.
(Data Source: Coolwx)
Fox6 Meteorologist Wes Wyatt