HEAT ADVISORY is effective at 11am today through 9pm Saturday!
Feels like temperatures will exceed 100° for several hours each afternoon and being exposed to that kind of air for a long period of time can result in heat related illnesses if the necessary precautions aren't taken.
HOT CAR DANGER!
- Look at how fast a car can heat up in just a short period of time in the graphic below!
- Don't forget about change $ left on your seat which can heat up to the point of burning your skin.
- Check the backseat before leaving your car if you have a child or pet with you.
- Don't leave anything alive in your vehicle even if the windows are rolled down.
- Showers and storms start to pop by noon and will be widely scattered in coverage this afternoon.
- More organized storms may pay us a visit this evening and will approach from the north.
- Strong storms are possible with the capability of producing winds in excess of 40 mph.
FUTURE RADAR TIME STAMPS:
*Gives you an idea of the nature of development today
Stay weather aware and hydrated,
Jill Gilardi WBRC First Alert Certified Meteorologist