- It's snuggle weather for sure on this Sunday with chilly feels like temperatures expected all day long.
- Winds from the northwest will gust up to 15 to 20 mph and make it feel some 5 to 10 degrees colder than the actual thermometer reading.
- Wind mixes the air and doesn't allow it to cool as much as when the wind is light.
- Wind on the other hand, removes heat away from the body and makes us feel colder.
- Tonight, the winds die down and temperatures drop off quickly below freezing and fall into the 20s by Monday morning.
- Temperatures will be below freezing for several hours which will likely kill most crops.
- A freeze warning is effective from 9PM tonight through 9AM Monday.
After a cold start to the week, the jet stream pattern changes to a warmer one and by Thanksgiving temperatures will be in the 40s for lows and upper 60s for highs. The next system we are tracking arrives next weekend.
Jill Gilardi WBRC First Alert Certified Meteorologist