The active pattern continues...
Our next system that will arrive this weekend will be developing near the Gulf Coast and Monday's system will be forming on its heel.
- Showers arrive from west to east on Saturday
- Amounts will generally be light
- Greatest coverage and amounts occur west of I-65
On Sunday, the heart of the system impacts Alabama.
- Expect rounds of rain
- Moderate to heavy at times
- Widespread rainfall ranging from a .50" to over 1"
- Thunderstorms will be confined to the coast and south Alabama
The system set to impact us on Monday afternoon and into the overnight hours is stronger. It has more wind energy with it and more instability for potential strong to severe storms. The close proximity of the surface low also gets my attention too. A FIRST ALERT for this potential and as we get new data regarding the evolution and potential strength of this system, we will pass it along.
The doctor prescribes the drought stricken state about 3-5" of rainfall between Saturday and Tuesday! Such great news!!!!
I'll share new information regarding both systems at 4PM on WBRC Fox 6 News,
Jill Gilardi WBRC First Alert Certified Meteorologist