- An area of cloudiness and thunderstorms is located over the northeastern Gulf of Mexico.
- IF this disturbance remains over water, some gradual development is possible while it meanders near the coast of eastern Florida panhandle and the northern Florida peninsula during the next few days.
- LOW chance of formation through 48 hours.
- 30% chance of formation through 5 days which is also low.
- Regardless of whether of not the system happens to get a number or name, the main impact will be heavy rain.
- The heaviest rainfall totals will be focused near the Gulf Coast and amounts across central Alabama will see an average of 1-3".
- High tropical moisture in place for a long period of time increases the risk for localized flooding.
- Best rain and storms chances will be during the afternoon hours daily though refinements of the details will be necessary as we get closer.
- The upcoming rain will help with drought conditions.
- More clouds will mean cooler temperatures with highs in the 80s for a change.
Look for additional updates as we continue to monitor the disturbance in the Gulf.
Jill Gilardi WBRC First Alert Certified Meteorologist