*Heat advisory is effective from noon until 7pm today.
*Highs in the middle and upper 90s.
*Feels like temperatures in the 100s due to the combination of heat and humidity.
* Impacts: The combination of heat and humidity will increase the chances of heat related illnesses.
* A heat advisory means that a period of hot temperatures are expected!
* Take extra precautions if you work or spent time outside.
* When possible, reschedule strenuous activities to early morning or evening.
* If you must work outside, take frequent rest breaks in the shade or A.C..
* Know the signs and symptoms of heat exhaustion and heat stroke.
* Wear light weight and loose fitting clothing when possible and drink plenty of water.
* Keep a close eye on the elderly and young children.
* Keep your animals cool too. If they must be outside for a long period of time, make sure they have a shady spot to lay and cold/fresh water.
* As we all know, don't leave people or pets in a vehicle that's off, even if the windows are cracked.
Hope you find ways of staying cool on the hottest day of the year so far! Just know that by Tuesday, highs will be in the lower 80s and record lows are likely by Wednesday morning in the 50s and lower 60s. :)
-Jill Gilardi Fox 6 Meteorologist