The WBRC First Alert Weather App shows scattered showers and storms primarily impacting areas north of I-20 on this Friday afternoon.
- Motion: west
- Speed: 10 mph
- Threats: Wind gusts over 40 mph, small hail, localized flooding due to heavy rainfall, frequent lightning
- Duration: Now through 7pm then decreasing coverage and intensity through midnight
Widening the view on the WBRC First Alert Weather App, we can track the motion of a disturbance near Cuba.
- 30% chance of development: 48 hours
- 60% chance of development: Next 5 days
- Motion: WNW at 10 mph
- Potential Impacts: Gusty winds and heavy rainfall for southern Florida and the Florida Keys this weekend
Watching another area in the tropics that's located in the Gulf of Mexico:
- Chance of development: 10%
- Motion: West
- Potential Impacts: Heavy rainfall is possible along the Gulf Coast from Louisiana to southeastern Texas over the weekend.
Keep up with the latest tropical forecasts because once the system near the Bahamas moves in the Gulf of Mexico, we should have a better handle on the potential strength and future track. As of right now, it's hard to say how much of an impact this system will have on the state of Alabama.
Jill Gilardi WBRC First Alert Certified Meteorologist