- Instability is growing across SE NE, SW Iowa and NW Missouri. (CAPE up to 2,000 j/kg)
- An area of rain and some thunder near Hastings is ongoing and sliding eastward.
- Complex set up with many surface boundaries around.
- Morning convection could limit PM instability though some upscale growth is expected.
Slight Risk For Severe Storms Including Tornadoes, Damaging Winds, Hail and Flash Flooding!
SIMULATED RADAR IMAGES BETWEEN 2-4PM:
- Greatest risk for severe storms sets up along and mainly south of I-80.
- Storms gain strength and develop after 1PM.
- Worst of the weather expected between 2PM-8PM.
Followers in the states under the gun for later today need to pay close attention to the weather and have a way to get weather warnings. Timing is poor seeing kids will be getting out of school and people will be getting out of work during the height of the bad weather. While on the road, best thing to do is to have the radio on and listening for traffic and storm updates.
Jill Gilardi Fox 6 Meteorologist